Melaka (also known as Malacca) is the place where it all began.
Join us as we take you through Melaka’s rich history starting with the 14th century Melaka Sultanate and followed by the fall of Melaka to the Portuguese, the conquering of Melaka by the Dutch, the handing over of Melaka to the British, World War II under the Japanese and finally independence from the British along with the formation of Malaysia.
Stories that you will learn from the tour:-
- The founding of Melaka by Parameswara and the Melaka Sultanate
- The conquest by the Portuguese, the Dutch and the British
- World War II under the Japanese
- The Chinese merchants and traders who settled down in Melaka
- Independence from the British and formation of Malaysia
- Histories and politics of modern Malaysia
Places we will visit:-
- Melaka Sultanate Palace Museum
- A’ Famosa Fort
- Dutch Fort
- Stadhuys and Christ Church
- Church of St Francis Xavier
- Little India of Melaka
- Jalan Bunga Raya
- Melaka River
- Hang Jebat Mousoleum
- Sri Poyyatha Vinayaga Moorthy Temple
- Masjid Kampung Kling
- Cheng Hoon Teng Temple
- Jonker Street
- And More!